The new system of UG admissions at NUST is being implemented in the year 2013. The salient features of the new system are given below:
- The process of entrance test is delinked from admission process.
- During an admission cycle, candidates can appear in entrance test more than once to improve their score, and apply for admission separately on the basis of best score when applications are invited tentatively in May-June.
- Computer based entrance tests for all disciplines will be held in multiple sessions at NUST Campus Islamabad according to the following schedule:
- First Session (NET 1) - April
- Second Session (NET 2) - July
- Paper based entrance test will be conducted in Karachi and Quetta only once in July.
- Candidates who have cleared FSc (Part-I) or O level exam with minimum 60 % marks (or equivalent) are eligible to apply. For detailed criteria for eligibility and ineligibility please visit Undergraduate Admission section.
- General Awareness portion in the NET has been replaced with Intelligence test questions having same weighting. i.e. 5%
- Processing fee for entrance test and admission will be charged separately according to following structure:
- Entrance Test Fee (per exam): - Rs. 2000/-
- Admission Processing Fee (per programme):The result of NET will remain valid for the current admission cycle only which will culminate in Fall 2013.
- Candidates applying on the basis of NET - Rs.1000/-
- SAT National - Rs.3000/- or USD 35
- SAT International - Rs.6000/- or USD 70
For any other information, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 051-90851414 and 051-90856878.